Here is our schedule by themed week for summer camps at Frisky Frog Forest and Farmstead! All camps spend the majority of the day outside exploring our 25 acre campus and include lake activities, scientific inquiry, critical thinking, cooperative projects, and animal care.
June 26-30: Outdoor Skills & Nature Survival
July 3-7: Animal Care & Wildlife Research Studies
July 10-14: Gardening 1
July 17-21: Gardening 2
July 24-28: Photography
July 31-Aug4: Farm to Table 1: Cheese, Milk, and Fermenting, Oh My!
Aug 7-11: Writing 1: Fiction & Short Stories
Aug 14-18: Farm to Table 2: Baking, Candy, & Sweet Treats
Aug 21-25: Writing 2: Journalism, Nature Poetry, & Scientific Presentation
Aug 28-Sep 1: Fantasy Exploration & Nature Myths
Why summer camp at Frisky Frog Forest and Farmstead? (Besides the diversity of our cute farm animals!)
- Educational experience: Summer camp at Frisky Frog Forest and Farmstead will provide children with hands-on learning opportunities that can teach them about agriculture, animal husbandry, and food production. This can be especially beneficial for children who are interested in science, nature, and the environment.
- Outdoor recreation: Frisky Frog Forest is a beautiful location to spend the summer! As a 25 acre forested combination nature preserve and silvopasture farm, we have plenty of opportunities for outdoor recreation, such as hiking, birdwatching, and swimming. This can be a great way for children to get away from the city and enjoy the natural beauty of the countryside. You’ll be wowed by our location, we promise. 🙂
- Physical activity: All of our themed weeks of camp will involve the merger of the physical movement of the body and the scientific mind through activities such as gardening, animal care, and farm help. This can be a great way for children to get some exercise and develop their physical skills in both fun and applied ways.
- Social skills: Summer camp at Frisky Frog Forest and Farmstead will provide children with the opportunity to interact with other children in a supportive and nurturing environment. This can help them develop social skills such as teamwork, communication, and leadership.
- Independence: Summer camp at Frisky Frog Forest and Farmstead will include all manner of self-reliance and community building activities such as emergency preparedness, basic first aid, outdoor safety, and nature survival. This can help children develop independence and self-confidence as they learn to navigate new situations and make decisions on their own.
Overall, enrolling children of all ages in summer camp at Frisky Frog Forest and Farmstead is great way for your children to learn new skills, make friends, and have fun in a safe and supportive environment.